Hi ☺️ I'm Cassy!
I am currently doing a PhD in Cardiovascular Ageing at King's College London.
🫀 My research is focused on:
- Understanding the epigenetic changes that come with cardiovascular ageing and how it affects autophagy and metabolism
- Developing a high content protocol to screen for novel activators of autophagy
- Modulating epigenetic markers to improve cardiovascular function
✨ Outside of the lab:
- I am learning more about all things longevity and ageing research through initiatives and programmes such as DeSci London and Zuzalu.
- I am a part of the Dealflow Working Group at AthenaDAO where I help evaluate women's health research projects and start-ups for DeSci funding opportunities.
- I am a member of the Excellerator 2023 cohort, a leadership programme aimed at early-career researchers with a 8-week course and 4-day in person symposium taking place in September 2023
🌍 You can reach me at:
☕ Get in touch if you want to chat about:
- Longevity, ageing, autophagy, epigenetics or a combination of them :)
- Decentralised Science
- Women's Health research
- The best dim-sum place or Italian-Japanese fusion restaurant in London
- Grabbing an in-person coffee in London or Oslo